Poul V. Jensen is the Managing Director of the European Businesses and Technology Centre (EBTC), currently based in their Delhi HQ. The EBTC is dedicated to generating new business opportunities and enabling transfer of technology between India-Europe, within the fields of climate change, sustainability, and biodiversity in the sectors of Energy, Environment, Mobility, and ICT.
Mr Jensen’s current main task is to execute the mandate of bringing the EU and India closer together, both in their strategic and operational relations. This includes addressing challenges in transferring clean technologies, providing input for developing clusters, and for developing procedures to enhance collaboration on R&D and innovation.
Poul V. Jensen Interview Questions
1. Background in terms of cultures, academics, and profession
2. How did you adapt to different culture on your journey to achievements?
3. How is Europe positioning itself in today’s time?
4. Maintaining the balance between Europe and India with EBTC and harnessing the potentials that lie within.
5. If I’m a company in UK and want to do business in India, can I route through EBTC? (or how does EBTC create a channel of business and commerce between India and Europe/UK?)
6. Some impactful breakthroughs under EBTC belt
7. Challenges and nuances in business structure and strategies like Smart City development and CleanTech
8. Case studies of a use case in sports (european side of innovation)
9. Looking at innovation from EBTC from an Indian perspective
Poul V. Jensen Biography
Poul Jensen holds a Bachelors in International Trade from the Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, and Master’s in Business Administration from CASS Business School London, Poul has served various roles throughout his career, ranging from commercial manager to consultant, and now a Managing Director at European Business and Technology Centre, New Delhi, India.
Taking on the role of senior strategic consultant at TransCare AG in 2002, a global consulting company with focus on transport and logistics, Poul took care of their International Business Development in diverse industries.
Currently, he is the Managing Director of EBTC Delhi since Jan 2010, an establishment dedicated to generating new business opportunities and enabling transfer of technology, within the fields of climate change, sustainability, and biodiversity. The focus sectors of EBTC are Energy, Environment, Mobility, and ICT.
As Managing Director, Poul is tasked to build a team and to create competency to bring European and Indian businesses and technologies together. The role encompasses strategic as well as operational responsibilities, all working in tandem with the ongoing EU-India Policy dialogues within these fields.
European Business and Technology Centre (EBTC) is a project advisory and facilitation organisation. As a trusted partner in the Europe-India Business Corridor, EBTC builds actionable intelligence through projects, clusters and programmes backed by its vast body of knowledge & innovative solutions.
EBTC enables smart collaborations between the two regions through its expertise, network and know-how, with specific focus towards sustainability, innovation, green technology and internationalisation.
About Dinis Guarda profile and Channels
More interviews and inspirational videos on Dinis Guarda YouTube