Today's guests are Rajiv Sainani is a FinTech leader, specialising in trading systems and digital strategy, with more than 35 years of experience in international markets. He is currently the Europe Growth Lead of MakerDAO, an unbiased global financial system.
Allan Pedersen is a FinTech private equity investor, global business strategist, and serial entrepreneur, who has been making significant impact in the fintech and insurtech markets with his innovative and out-of-the box approach. He is now the CEO of Motanelis Group.
1. Could you please start by telling us a little bit about your professional and academic background?
2. Could you share with us about your earlier career path and your motivation or inspiration?
3. Could you share with us your stories behind MakerDAO and Monetalis?
4. For Rajiv, what do you think are the main features of MakerDAO that make it stand out from the industry which already had so many similar ecosystems and products?
5. For Allan, we see that you used to work with many Fintech companies and VC firms? What was the main motivation for you to establish Monetalis?
6. Why does Monetalis focus on Green Economy Growth?
7. Why did MakerDAO and Monetalis decide to collaborate with each other in the new strategic investment of $500M USD (converted from $500M DAI) into a combination of US Short Treasuries and Investment Grade Corporate Bonds?
8. What are the strengths from the partner that you see as the core thing to make this investment successful?
9. You said this allocation of DAI will promote the usability of digital assets in the traditional space. Could you explain more about this?
10. MakerDAO is made up of all MKR token holders, vocal community members, and ecosystem stakeholders. MKR holders have the sole authority to enact changes to the system through on-chain voting. So what happens if the voters’ decisions are not matched or equivalent to the vision/ principles of the organisation?
11. What do you think are the main challenges and opportunities with blockchain for the global economy, especially for Fintech?
12. How do you see the development of cryptocurrency in the next 5 years?
Rajiv Sainani Biography
Rajiv is a Bachelor’s in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from University of Bath, and Master’s in Control System Engineering from National Higher School of Toulouse.
Rajiv has worked extensively with global players like JPMorgan, Refinitiv, Wirex, and Luno with a track record of driving innovation, growth and market share.
Allan Pedersen Biography
Allan Pedersen is an M.Sc. in Economics and Finance from Aarhus University and an MBA from Harvard Business School. He holds certifications in emergent technologies like blockchain technology, cloud management, decentralised finance, and distributed technology from AWS, IBM, UCL, Duke University, INSEAD, and University of Virginia.
Allan has been the Chairman of the Board at Contemi Solutions, where he played a vital role in completing and integrating three FinTech acquisitions. He was also a board member of INTELLICARE - ASALUS CORPORATION, and Stonestep AG, .
About Dinis Guarda profile and Channels
More interviews and research videos on Dinis Guarda YouTube