Phil Barden is an author, speaker and consultant in the field of marketing, innovation and customer experience. He has over 25 years of experience, including senior roles at Unilever, Diageo, and Deutsche Telekom (T-Mobile).
He founded Decode Marketing Limited in 2010, and combines hands-on, pragmatic, client-side brand management experience with leading edge cognitive & social psychology, neuroscience, and behavioural economics to provide analytical and predictive power, leveraging science to increase sales. Decode was awarded 'Most Inspiring and Provocative' in the Unilever Foods Fusion Awards.
Phil is the author of “Decoded: The Science of Why We Buy”, where he shares the latest research on the motivations behind consumers’ choices and what happens in the human brain as buyers make their decisions. The book was published by Wiley.
Phil also contributed two chapters to “Eat Your Greens”: a compilation of papers inspired by the genuine advances in marketing science.
Phil presents on decision science for the IPA Diploma, the APG Planning Skills Diploma and for various international MBA and MSc programmes. He is regularly invited to speak at industry events and to brand owners and their agencies.
Phil is also a Fellow of the Marketing Society.
Phil Barden Interview Topics
1. Could you please start by telling us a little bit about your background?
2. Could you share with us about your earlier career path and your motivations or inspiration?
3. Consumer behaviour, marketing and businesses
4. How can businesses and governments collaborate to achieve economic benefits from changing ecosystems?
5. Principles of behavioral science and marketing?
6. What are the biggest changes you see that have happened in the field of consumer behavior in the last few years?
7. About your books
8. About Decoded: The Science of Why We Buy
About Dinis Guarda profile and Channels
More interviews and research videos on Dinis Guarda YouTube