Nicola “Nick” Rosa is a serial entrepreneur, creative technologist, designer, digital transformation specialist, author, speaker, and a podcast host. He is the Metaverse Strategy Lead Europe at Accenture, bringing his experience of almost three decades in the fields of media and entertainment, and business and technology. Nick is also a Director at the Academy of International Extended Reality (AIXR) a non-profit entity producing the annual VR Awards.
Nick Rosa Interview Topics
1. Could you please start by telling us a little bit about your background?
2. Could you share with us about your earlier career path and your motivations or inspiration?
3. About Metaverse
4. Metaverse projects at Accenture
5. What motivated you to write “Understanding the Metaverse:A Business and Ethical Guide”?
6. What do you think are the most important aspects of the metaverse to understand?
7. What are your thoughts on the current state of virtual reality in the Metaverse?
8. How does the book explain the potential implications of the Metaverse for the economy?
9. Are there any ethical considerations discussed in the book about the Metaverse?
Nick Rosa Biography
Nick Rosa's academic background includes a Bachelor in Science from Scientific High School Galileo Galilei Potenza. He also received a degree in Communication and Media Studies from Sapienza University of Rome. He is a certified Design Thinking Practitioner from IBM and Java expert from Sun Microsystems.
Nick has been working with emerging technologies since the beginning of his career, especially the immersive ones like AR, VR, XR, and mixed reality at multinational organisations like IBM IX, British Interactive Media Association (BIMA), XR Bootcamp, and The Academy of International Extended Reality.
As a digital transformation expert, Nick has previously worked for Virgin Radio Italy S.p.A., Mobile Interactive Group, net mobile U.K., and DigitasLBi, to name a few.
In his present role at Accenture, Nick is the Metaverse Strategy Lead for Europe & Growth Markets in the Metaverse Continuum Business Group.
As an author, In October 2022, Nick Rosa presented his first book “Understanding the Metaverse: A Business and Ethical Guide”, which was published by Wiley. The book delivers a thorough and intriguing exploration of the metaverse, including how it works, its current uses and discussions of potential possibilities we’re just beginning to understand.
Nick has also contributed to Atari, Google, Spotify, and Yahoo! as a writer collaborator.
As an entrepreneur, Nick also co-founded two digital transformation and strategy companies: Touch Ideas LTD and Black Rose Interactive. Among various projects his company successfully delivered an app for Pope Election 2013, The North Face, a TracKINGapp, and ParkinGO, a repark SRL.
Today, he is the co-host of a podcast series called “Field of View” where he interviews entrepreneurs, researchers, and pioneers in the field of Extended Reality and the Metaverse.
About Dinis Guarda profile and Channels
More interviews and research videos on Dinis Guarda YouTube